How A Child Develops
Every child is unique and special! As parents, it is rewarding to see our children learn and grow. Yet, we also tend to worry about their development with questions like: Is my child safe? Is he healthy? Is she happy? Is he growing and developing normally? Am I doing the right thing as a parent?
We want the best for our children, and want to make sure we do all we can to help them! Understanding some basics about child development helps us as parents to help our children.
In this section, we provide you with helpful information that will guide you as parents. You will find, for example, an overview of child development, a list of developmental milestones, the warning signs of a developmental delay, and how to prepare a child for kindergarten. To learn more, click on any or all of the questions below:
- What is child development and what skills do children develop at different ages?
- This section not only describes child development in general, but also discusses the following topics: developmental milestones, at what ages a child should reach a developmental milestone, what to do if your child does not meet a developmental milestone, and how you can help your child reach these milestones.
is a developmental delay and what services are available if I think my
child might be delayed?
- Here you will learn about developmental delays, the risk factors
and warning signs of development delay, and how these delays can be
identified. This section also emphasizes the importance of early intervention
and what you can do if you are concerned that your child may have
a developmental delay.
- How can I help my child get ready for kindergarten?
- In this section you will find information on what your child needs to be
"ready" for kindergarten and how you can help your child be prepared. You will also
find helpful suggestions on choosing a child care provider and/or preschool
for your child, one that will help your child get ready for school. And
finally, we discuss what you will want to consider about your child starting
kindergarten if she has a fall birthday.
Copyright © 2008, CASRC, all rights reserved.